What to expect...
If you are considering me as a wedding officiant, these are the steps you and I will follow together.
1. We'll have our Introductory conversation, during which I'll check the date and time of your wedding, my availibility, and where you'll be having your event. I usually start by asking you if you have any questions for me. Then we'll talk about the 2 of you, how you met, what you are envisioning for your ceremony and special day.
2. At this point, I'll suggest that we meet again, preferably in person, but if that is not possible, then we can have another call or Skype. We'll talk more, you can ask more questions and I will get more of a sense of who you are, and what you desire for your special day. The idea is for us to get to know each other, to decide if we are a "good fit", and if I am the right officiant for you!
3. Here you may ask about marital counseling. I do not require it, although I may speak up and suggest it, if I think it would be helpful.
4. At this time, I will offer my fee. My fees vary for each ceremony. Some couples want simple civil ceremonies, while others want more elaborate ceremonies that require more planning, ritual and direction. I offer a sliding scale, based on the time put into crafting your unique ceremony, travel time and cost, and whether you are having a rehearsal dinner as well. I am sensitive to budgetary concerns and am always open to negotiation.
5. You can take your time in deciding if I am the officiant for you. If we do decide to work together, I will ask you for half of my fee as a deposit.
6. In this step I move more deeply into getting to know you, understanding your vision for your ceremony and for your life together. A wedding or commitment ceremony is an opportunity for everyone involved to recommit to more loving relationships. I will offer suggestions, ideas and rituals for your consideration. I will craft your ceremony, send you a rough draft for your approval and we can discuss any changes.
7. If you have a wedding planner, I will follow their lead, offering anything I can to assist. If you do not have a planner, I can assist you in the "staging" of your ceremony, helping to tell your unique love story. I also have sound equipment available for rental.
8. Every step of the way, I will be very responsive and timely. The day of your ceremony will be no different. Expect me to be a calming presence, so that you can focus on your special day.
© Copyright, Sandra Bargman, 2018.